Java Success and Approaching Eleven

 I compiled and ran my first Java window today. Nothing special, just a black screen, but I must say... I'm really proud of myself. I'm familiarizing myself with Java and Eclipse, which isn't the most difficult thing to do considering I've dabbled in Python and Javascript prior to picking up Java. Eclipse has probably been the best IDE I've used so far, I greatly prefer it to Visual Studio Code and I even prefer it to IDLE, which was my IDE of choice when I was developing in Python using the Pygame module. I've created six Java classes so far and I love the way they're organized in Eclipse. It was a little intimidating at first, sure, but when I got over it... I really got over it.

Before I retire to my quarters for the night, I'd like to also mention the recent leak of Windows 11, which is something that greatly surprised me, although it's also something I think is long overdue. I don't think continuously updating one Windows forever and ever is a good idea like Microsoft had said they would do when they announced Windows 10 as the last version of Windows. It works for Linux, sure, but the proprietary nature of Windows makes that less of an option. The new Windows is fundamentally just a UI change with a couple new little features that makes it feel more like the Linux KDE desktop environment. I hope the full release of Windows 11 is more than just this. I guess we'll find out at Microsoft's June 24th event. I really like the graphical changes in the Windows 11 leak though. The redesigned icons surprisingly feel less simplistic compared to the recent trend of oversimplifying logos and symbols. The iconic Windows logo, however, did receive this treatment. It has become just four squares of the same light blue tint. Unfortunate. The default wallpaper did not disappoint though, as it's quite a lovely render and even comes with a dark mode version. Windows 11 won't change my view of Windows, it's still a nasty, money-grabbing, eavesdropping, proprietary, corporate piece of software, but I simply have to use it for games. Luckily there's always virtual machines if I want an escape from Microsoft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Development Inches Forward

Is Half-Life a Metroidvania?

Release Date Delayed... Again... :(